Wrapping Tube Cable (WTC) with SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR®)
Product updated on August 14th, 2019
Wrapping Tube Cable (WTC), with SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR®), is an ultra-high density outside plant cable designed specifically for fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) or access markets. It is compliant with the latest issue of the outside plant cable standard, Telcordia GR-20. With an ultra-high density and a new ribbon technology called SpiderWeb Ribbon®, WTC provides the smallest cable diameter and lowest weight, high-fiber count ribbon cable in the industry. WTC with SWR® cables are available in fiber counts from 144 to 3,456.
SWR® is a bonded fiber ribbon design allowing for either a highly efficient ribbon splicing or an individual fiber breakout splicing process. This flexibility allows for a single cable design to cover a diverse set of applications from access networks to high-fiber count mass fusion splicing. With the ability to roll and conform, the SWR® provides for ultra-high density packaging in the WTC.
Features & Benefits
- Access Ready Construction (ARC) - Completely gel-free construction with easy-to-access and identify optical fiber circuits.
- SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR®) optical fiber technology - Easily ribbonized for mass fusion splicing. SWR® is compacted and routed like individual fibers. Ideal for organizing slack loops in splice enclosures as there is no preferential bending of ribbon.
- Significantly higher fiber density compared to traditional ribbon cables Offers ability to expand capacity of existing pathways and allows use of smaller, lower cost duct systems.
- Smaller cable diameters and cable weights - Means longer reel lengths that allow for lower scrap rates, easier handling of reels at the site and reduced transportation costs.
- Completely dry water-blocking technology - Reduces time required to prep cable-end and mid-span access resulting in labor savings.
- Compact ribbon bundles - Reduces enclosure/splice tray size requirements allowing for smaller telecommunications space allocation.
- Armored and non-armored packages - Supports all the standard cable deployment options typically found in the OSP environment including, duct, direct buried and aerial.
- Fully qualified to Telcordia GR-20 - Provides assurance that the cable will support optical fiber network transport functions now and into the future.
GIVE US A CALL
Our friendly team of industry experts are waiting to take your call. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you with our innovative network solutions.+44 (0) 20 8240 2000
REQUEST A QUOTE
Need a quote? Provide us with some basic information about your requirements and we will get in touch with a no-obligation estimate.Request Now